Exercise is so important for our body, mind and spirit. In other words, exercise has many benefits on our mental health. Research shows that the link between exercise and mood is pretty strong. Some research even shows that you receive a mood enhancement within five minutes of moderate exercise. Physical exercise is also shown to alleviate long term depression. Another study suggests that people who are highly sensitive to anxiety showed significant improvements in anxiety sensitivity. The following are some of the many benefits of making exercise a priority in your life.
The Benefits of Exercise on Mental Health:
1. Exercise can help boost your self esteem, especially the feeling of accomplishment.
2. Taking a fitness class or going to a gym surrounds you with other people who are also trying to improve their health and a opportunity to meet like minded people.
3. Physical exercise can help with mild to moderate anxiety and depression.
4. Time spent exercising can help you unplug from the busyness of life and in turn can help you feel better.
5. Regular exercise can enhance your quality of sleep which can help you feel more energized during the day.
6. Performing different types of physical activity can change how your brain is wired, which can help to improve your mental acuity and overall cognition.
7. Physical exercise can help you feel better and have a better outlook on life.
8. Exercise can be done anywhere not just in a gym so be creative with your time at home or in your neighborhood.